Saturday, June 7, 2008

First week in work

To answer the question of 粥姓董事长, whether or not the residents of Penang welcome me, I have no idea but the government has raised the oil price within a few days of my arrival at Penang, I think the objective is to encourage more people in Penang, in fact the whole Malaysia to use public transport more as I do because as you all know I have no self transportation. Why ? So that the pretty girls in Penang would have no choice but to take public transport with me , hehehehehe ( In your dream la )

Quite free now, so I guess I will write some story here.

Hmmm.....

What to talk about?

I guess I would have to talk about some FEI things happened to me in this few days of new arrival.

2/6 First day in the early morning, I woke up and routinely brushed my teeth and bathed except the place is different, I have been brushing my teeth in four different places for the past 4 days !!! First, the friday in UTP for my last exam paper, then my house in Ipoh, then my sister's house in Kulim, then my rented place in Penang for the coming 8 months. I have broken the Malaysian Record for "Brushing teeth around Malaysia in a blink of the eyes" record ! ok .... back to the story, after the washing , I walked to the agreed upon location just to see my bus to pass by in front of me ! What to do? Took taxi lo. Finally reached the place in time and mix with a lot of new people in Intel. We have gone through 3 days orientation training just to adjust ourselves into the working place. There are a lot of people from different walks of life in here, there are internship trainees from all over Malaysia, there are fresh graduates, there are employees who are a lot more older than us and hire by Intel, some of them even has manager status and are going to be new managers in Intel but " Sorry bro , you ain't much different from me, you are new meat here too ... Wakakaka " . Yes, they have to sit beside us and listen to the lectures just like us.

So, I just have to highlight something here, please do not wear formal on first day of work even you know that people seldom wear formal in the place that you are going to work for. Why ? I wore formal that day, and ............. I got a lot of attention la.............( Handsome mah, what to do ?)

One more thing to highlight, girls at working place are basically pretty and good looking, I so in love with working place.....wahahahaha.......Penang Penang

3/6 nothing special , more boring lectures , oh ya , i had lunch with my supervisor and one of her colleagues, and her colleague belanja, wahahaha ( Remember, Intel has policy that boss should treat subordinates to meal )

4/6 nothing special, more boring lectures

5/6 First time in cubicle jungle
Yes, cubicle = jungle , easily get lost in somewhere. I have a cubicle and a desktop, very thankful, hahaha, some more , I have my name on my cubicle, make me so relieve and proud . wakakakakaka . then , first assignment comes, I have to work with one of the trainees to develop a website for the department. So, have to research on that lo

6/6 keep on researching and had lunch with Gary and his friends , man , a lot of UTPians in Intel also.

Ok, that is my 5 days of working in Intel , more details , stay tuned.


No comments: